Saturday, September 19, 2015

The Bamboo Hut, Autumn 2015

a washboard road
woven between fallow fields
leads me backward
to a past so much smaller
than I had remembered


Irish dancers
their lightning steps flash
emerald-bright
phosphorescent waves
thunder at my feet


wrecking balls
expose long-held secrets
underneath
these crumbling facades
we are masterpieces


painting
my body with woad
I succumb
to the strange allure
of melancholia


scavenging
in the "nuisance ground"
black bears
catching the scent of me
catching the sight of them


note:  "nuisance ground" is a term used for a rubbish dump near a small town


On the Strand


our beach wedding
ribbons of dreams fluttering
from the old boat's mast

the singing sands
on a wind-strummed beach
you murmur my name

wet beach towels
we dance a fandango
in the hot breeze


No comments:

Post a Comment